Skip to main content

Lazy Thursday and The Empire Strikes Back

We returned from Sorrento yesterday and decided to make this a day of rest.  We woke up around noon and shuffled around the house, making a little breakfast and coffee.  I worked on some homework and Laura played on her computer.  We finally got out of the house and went shopping in Pozzuoli.  First we stopped at a record and sound system store, which I am convinced was a shop selling stolen goods.  I told Laura and she said it wasn't, but I told her it's not normal to sell items without the box.  Almost every item in that store was out of the box and "used", but I digress.  We stopped by the supermarket called Conad that's near my house and picked up some groceries. 

When we got home, we chilled some Prosecco and Laura made a cheese and crackers plate for us.  We sat on the balcony and watched the sun set behind the hills of Bacoli, talking about the past week and how much fun we had. 

After that, Laura prepared dinner and we decided to watch Star Wars:  The Empire Strikes Back.  Laura has never (I repeat, NEVER) seen Star Wars (any of them) so we started last night with Star Was: A New Hope.  I was so excited and basically explained the entire movie to her as we were watching it.  She asked me how I knew so much about the movie, and I told her it's because I've watched it a thousand times.  Basically, I was saving her 10,000 hours of viewing time.  No biggie.  She loved it and we are about to go to sleep.  We are going to a barbeque tomorrow with some friends from work, and Laura baked a cake so it's probably going to be amazing.  Technically I baked it, but she supervised.  Anyway, goodnight!

⚓ Kyle


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a table

So these are some of the things I do all day while I'm home alone when Kyle has to work. I usually go down to the corner cafe then go over to the markets and get what I need for dinner that night or any other random things we seem to need. If its not raining I'll go walk around the neighborhood and get lost and find my way back. This all needs to be done before 1 or 2 because thats nap time over here for everyone. All the shops close up for a few hours and go have huge lunches then sleep till its time to open up again for the evening. So today I built a table during those hours! Kyle bought this table from the NEX (the Navy Exchange on base) because the table he had barely fit the two of us, let alone a crowd if he ever had one. Plus his kitchen is big enough and he had gift cards so might as well! They delivered it around 9am and just put it in the kitchen then left. So it was up to us to build it. Well that was a bigger task than I expected when I started opening up the box.

Capri

It was such an early morning this morning! I'm used to waking up early every day but usually I get to go back to sleep after Kyle leaves for work. This time we both had to get up and leave because we were going to Capri! The second we saw who our tour guide was I got so excited because it was Aldo from Pompeii!! We knew then that it would be a good trip and well worth it! First we took a bus down to the docks where Aldo worked it out for us to board an hour early so we got an extra hour on the island. Nice! We got on a catamaran called SNAV that reminded me of the Catalina Flyer. The boat ride to Capri from the bay of Naples is about 50 minutes, I think. I actually wouldn't know because I slept the whole ride over. Capri seriously is the Catalina of Italy. It's really pretty and they have a main tourist harbor where everything is then residential on the back side. We went on this tour once we got there that took us to the Blue Grotto. You took this motorboat o

Wine Tasting in Avellino

Today we went wine tasting with Aldo today in Avellino! The tour started at base and headed up the mountains towards Avellino. They made a stop at a rest area for café! My favorite!  It didn't take too long to get up to the winery. The name was Colli Di Castelfranci. Castlefranci is a small village in the heart of Irpinia which is in the Province of Avellino. This logo on the wall their son created. He seemed pretty young and was the one who has started to take over production of the place. Grandpa and dad still lived there and worked but the son did most of it.  The winery is very organic and they try to use all natural everything when they can. They even reuse willow tree branches and things like that for ways to hold up the vines or to tie things together instead of using plastic or metal objects. Aldo is holding some dried branches that when you soak in water they become soft enough to tie into a knot. Inside is where they store the wine in huge